Thursday, January 4

Iguana be your Valentine - Funny Valentine's Day Card

Iguana Valentine for Lizard Lovers by Concertina Press

When I first spotted this cool iguana drawing from the late 1800's I knew I just had to make it into a card! It took me a few days to come up with "Iguana Be Your Valentine" but I knew it was the perfect fit - the only catch was that the original Iguana illustration was far more...grumpy looking? Don't believe me? Check it out:
Iguana Be Your Valentine card from Concertina Press
Luckily with a little photoshop magic I was able to turn his frown upside down, quite literally using the "liquify" tool and now he's just too charming! I also enhanced the colors of the original science plate which had faded over time. I just love giving new life to old illustrations - you can see more of my cool before and after work with old science illustrations here: how Concertina Press cards are made.

You can purchase this funny Valentine's day card in my etsy shop along with several other funny Valentine's Day CardsIguana Be Your Valentine Card

Thanks for looking! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...