Friday, October 5

These Cape Cod save the dates are the real deal

Cape Cod Save the Date personalized with a heart from Concertina Press
When I designed these Cape Cod Map save the dates, I was thinking about the type of save the date that I would have sent to my wedding guests when I was married in Falmouth on 7-7-7 (I can hardly believe it's been so long, it feels like yesterday!). I loved the look of this gorgeous antique map, and using the computer I digitally restored it, and combined it with a timeless script font for the names and "Save the Date" and all-caps font for the crucial information like date, location and website.  

Full disclosure: when my husband and I were married I was not a stationery designer at all, I was a librarian! We lived close to the Marine Biological Laboratory where he worked as a computer programmer, and I worked at the MBLWHOI science library. While I was there I worked on a big project to archive all of the old collections that were no longer copyrighted, scan them, and make them available to the public. That's where I found most of the beautiful illustrations you see on my invitations. 

Fast forward a few years and I had a dream job at a cute stationery store in the Queen's Buyway next to Coffee O putting my art degree to work designing wedding invites and stationery for Cape Cod clients. When that shop closed, I finally had my chance to start Concertina Press, and a chance to use the gorgeous illustrations I'd had on my mind for years, and I've been at it ever since. I love what I do!

A few years ago I moved down to Florida to be closer to my folks, but my Cape Cod save the dates, Cape Cod wedding invitations, and wedding day stationery are still very popular, and I love making them because each order reminds me of my own wedding on the Cape.

Cape Cod Wedding Invitations with Map and website card from Concertina Press


You can see pricing or purchase samples on my website or in my etsy shop here:


I also encourage you to read the great reviews from previous couples I've worked with on Wedding Lovely BlogWedding Wire, or The Knot.

It's my pleasure to help you figure out the ins and outs of wedding stationery - and I have lots of experience, I'm proud to say I've been running Concertina Press since 2011, so if you have any questions at all contact me! (and by me I mean, Ruth, the owner and designer of Concertina Press - hello!)
Cape Cod Photo Save the Date from Concertina Press
Simple Elegant Cape Cod monogram invitations from Concertina Press
Cape Cod Photo and Map Save the Date from Concertina Press Easy Order Online
(that's me and my husband in all the sample photos!)



SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...