Tuesday, January 21

Striped Bass Wedding Invitations

Striped Bass Wedding Invitation by Concertina Press

I almost never do custom wedding invitations, but when a client who I'd already worked with asked if I could create a special fishing themed invitation featuring a striped bass for her wedding invitation, I decided to accept the challenge!

Striped Bass Invitation by Concertina Press

The blue border is actually printed directly onto the paper- if I did this again, I would probably do a layered invitation, like my Cape Cod wedding invitation, instead. Getting the blue border right on the printed invite was tough - when they're trimmed at the printer it's easy for them to accidentally cut it with uneven edges. I had to get a reprint the first time around! Too bad because it looks neat. 

Striped Bass Fishing RSVP postcard by Concertina Press

The reply card is a postcard - originally Megan was thinking of a fishing theme overall, but we decided to keep the hook on the RSVP - I left the fish unhooked - didn't want the invite to seem too much like she'd "snared" her man haha. I think it came out really cute! This is the same fish as is on the invitation, but I adjusted his eye so that he'd be looking at the hook. He's from an old 1800's fisheries guidebook.

We finished these custom Striped Bass invitations with a lovely waves envelope liner (pictured in the first photo) that I color-matched to the invitation. All in all, a great success, and a fun fishing-themed wedding invitation!

[UPDATE: I now offer striped bass invitations in my shop! - Striped Bass Wedding Invitations]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...