Saturday, February 11

Sand Dollar Wedding Invitations - How They're Made

What better for a beach wedding invitation than a sand dollar wedding invitation? I was inspired to create this nautical wedding invitation because it reminded me of strolling on the Florida beach when I was little, looking for sand dollars. The brown furry ones we'd throw back in the ocean, because those were still alive - the white skeletons we'd collect for our shell jar.

I took a little artistic license with the blue, haha, but I love it! These sand dollars came from a 19th century scientific illustration - check it out the original below:

And here's the finished product - I like the blue a little better than the brown, don't you think? You can buy samples on my online shop or my etsy shop:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...